Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Best Chocolate Cake!!

What happens when you have a craving for rich, homemade chocolate cake? You make one, of course! I found this recipe today that was sooooo good that I had to share it with anyone who needed a chocolate cake. This cake turned out rich, sticky, fudgy, moist and fluffy. And the frosting turned out rich, sticky, moist and fudgy. It took care of the craving and was a pleasure to eat. So, dig out that mixer, check your cupboard for your supplies and get ready to feel like you have arrived!!



CHOCOLATE CAKE DELUXE
3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate 1 tsp salt
2 cups sugar 1 cup of milk
1 3/4 cups flour 1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa 2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 350*. Lightly grease two round cake pans.

Heat chocolate in small saucepan and set aside to cool.

Place sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixer and mix until well combined.

Add milk, oil, eggs, vanilla, and reserved chocolate, beating until well combined. Stir in boiling water.

Pour into prepared pans and bake 20-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Place on rack and remove from pans about 10 minutes later. Allow to cool completely and then frost.

FUDGE FROSTING
4 cups powdered sugar 2/3 cup boiling water
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa 1/3 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine sugar, cocoa, and salt in large bowl. Stir in water slowly. Add butter and vanilla and beat until smooth, adding small amounts of additional boiling water if to thick, or additional powdered sugar if too thin. ( I had to add extra powdered sugar as mine turned out very thin.)


recipe was taken from "the little black book of chocolate"

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I am totally drooling over that cake. Looks so yummy!

Troy and Jenn said...

Yes Melissa, it was totally divine!! We just ate the last of it tonight and as I was handing it to Andrew he said, "We will make more, right?" haha Guess that means he liked it!!

Unknown said...

Jenn, I love reading your blog. It makes my heart happy and makes me smile inside and out, to see the kids and how they've grown and matured - as it should be. You and Troy are good parents and the kids certainly show it. It helps me keep in touch a little better. I love reading Kerri and Kevin's blog also. They are such great parents too. Their girls are beauties - Kevin's gonna have to get a giant bat to keep the boys at bay - especially those peskie Coasties!!!! heee heee. Can hardly wait to see you all. I'm glad and greatful to be able to see you and visit with you while we're there. See you soon - NOT SOON enough.....